Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Happy Feet

As you well know, I spoil my dolls. They have designer clothes, designer belts, designer handbags. You think they have everything, no? NO!!! They don't have....designer shoes!!

This is a short post with a simple idea of transforming ordinary doll shoes into...designer footwear.

Add a few strokes of bright red nail lacquer to the soles of any doll shoes.....instant Christian Louboutin!!!!

For Chanel, it's as simple as painting the toes of any Barbie pumps.
Simply tape around the toe and paint the rest. Be sure to wait for the laquer to completely dry before removing the tape!

Interesting to note: It's not so easy to find the classic beige Barbie pumps. On the other hand, black seems to be plentiful. So you can tape over the toe and back strap and paint the middle of the shoe for a complete two-tone effect.


One of my favorites, is the black on black. I used a less shiny black pump then painted the toe with a black nail lacquer. Totally discreet. Totally class!


Don't forget to glam up a pair of boots for your diva!

I fond a vintage pair of Barbie "go-go" boots. I printed a Chanel logo on a sticker. Using a pair of tiny manicure scissors, I cut around the double C's and pressed it on the side of each boot. Chic!


Follow us on Twitter: @FashDollStylist
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FashDollStylist
We're also on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/FashDollStylist


22 comments:

  1. very interesting shoe transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! So simple, but such a great impact. Thanks! I'm definitely going to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, these two ideas can transform almost any Barbie shoe into a designer shoe in seconds. And it costs nearly nothing to do. I too, will be making many more pair!

      Delete
  3. Je suis contente de découvrir vos créations. C'est magnifique et plein d'idées. Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bienvenue à mon blog et merci de ta gentiesse. A très bientôt.

      Delete
  4. How fun! The tape idea is so clever.

    Years and years ago, I tried painting my doll shoes with glitter nail polish, but it flaked off fairly quickly. I think that's because the nail polish was cheap -- it came off my nails just as easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I'm not sure if it's a question of whether or not you spend a lot of money on the nail lacquer. You can "prime" the surface by rubbing the surface with a bit of sand paper before applying the nail lacquer. Afterwards, you should apply a quick drying topcoat. But for the Chanel shoes, you aren't covering that much surface. So far I haven't had any problems with peeling.

      Delete
  5. You are a genius but I'm sure you already knew what? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that, but thank you all the same. I've gotten into the habit of looking at things and imagining how I might make them in miniature. The 2 designer shoes were so simple, I wondered how I missed not doing them before.

      Delete
  6. This is a super cool idea April!
    I have to check my model muse shoe bin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billa. This was such a simple idea, I don't know why it took me this long to come up with it. Mattel did a Christian Louboutin shoe pack ages ago, for which they charged a fortune. Still, I didn't think to simply paint the soles of my doll shoes red until now!

      Delete
  7. Very chic and elegant shoes and boots, a wonderful idea April! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these fun and easy tips to glam up our doll wardrobes! My favorite is the black-on-black "two-toned" pumps. Super sharp ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana, black on black was the first pair of shoes I transformed. I, too, love the subtle contrast. I'm going to buy some more pumps to make a variety of Chanel pumps so the girls don't have to fight over them!

      Delete
  9. How I love shoes! Such great ideals too. Especially for the Chanel boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brini. So happy you enjoyed this post.

      Delete
  10. Hello from Spain: I love your shoes. Crea idea. Very creative, These niceare very inspiring for me. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta. Glad you found this post inspiring. See you again soon.

      Delete
  11. Hi April
    thanks for share the tips for lovely shoes,i love Louboutin my fave shoe designer.
    Amazing post ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you M-C. With a little bit of red paint or varnish, ANY pair of doll shoes become Christian Louboutin for our favorite divas!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you. Your comment will be published shortly. Please note: SPAM IS NOT TOLERATED. It will be deleted immediately!!